We finally have a method of rooting the T-Mobile variant of LG G5 with TOT file. By rooting the LG G5 Tmobile, you will be able to install apps that require super user permission. This will also open doors to all sorts of hacks and messing around with file system and so on. Here are the instructions on how to Root LG G5 Tmobile H830 with tot file.
1. Install LGUP + DLL H830. Enable USB debugging + check OEM unlock> adb reboot bootloader > fastboot oem unlock.
2. Put phone download mode ( turn off phone > hold volume up button and connect cable)
3. Open LGUP > Choose UPGRADE > choose file tot extract h830 > Start
4. Fire up LG G5 in twrp recovery mode > flash super su + dm-verify> reboot > Done
- File TOT full add twrp H830: Download
- File TOT stock full h830: https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0Bw8q3…xport=download
If you get into bootloop after flashing in twrp, use these commands in ADB to fix everything.
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/platform/624000.ufshc/by-name/misc
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/platform/624000.ufshc/by-name/fota