HTC Desire C development and updates were long abandoned by the company but folks at XDA has been churning out quality ROMs for it. Now Android 4.4 kitkat has been made available for it. However we cannot recommend it to the users as important components like Bluetooth, wireless LAN and video recording are not working in it.
However other components like Audio , Camera(Stills and Panorama) , Airplane Mode , Immersive Mode , Screen-Off Animation , USB Tethering , NFC(Only for the NFC Desire C’s) , Automatic Brightness , Omni Switch , ADB , GPS and SD Card are working fine on it. So but since most of us cannot live without built in Wi-Fi, we would still recommend getting the Android 4.1.2 ROM for Desire C.
If you still want to give it a drive, follow these instructions:
1) You need to install a TWRP. Get it by installing windroid’s universal android toolkit from here.
Flash it using this command:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
2) Download the ROM and the GApps.
3) Now, reboot to recovery.
4) Run the Wipe> Factory reset, and then click on Advanced> Select System and then swipe to wipe.
5) Install the ROM and the GApps.
6) Reboot to bootloader.
7) Flash the kernel(boot.img) using fastboot by typing:
fastboot flash boot boot.img
8) DO NOT ERASE THE CACHE USING THE FASTBOOT.
9) Reboot system now by typing: