Root is available for download for the Sony Xperia E1 and so is its clock work mod recovery a k a CWM.
Download Xperia E1 Root
Check your version first. If you are on 20.1.A.0.47 you can root it just by simply installing towelroot from here. However if you are on 20.1.A.2.12 or 20.1.A.2.13 or 20.1.A.2.14, then follow these steps.
1.Start FlashTool. If you do not have it on your computer, download it from here.
2. Download (link) and put the firmware that you downloaded into C:/Flashtool/firmwares
3. Click the flash icon on top left
4. Select flashmode and select the downloaded firmware
5. On top right you will have two boxex: CACHE and DATA (you can untick them if you don`t want to lose any data)
6. Down right you have some boxes, untick everything except KERNEL
7. Select flash
8. Hold the volume down button while connecting to the computer
10. Unplug your phone, install Towelroot from the link above and you will get root on your Sony Xperia E1.
Download Xperia E1 CWM Recovery
Now that you have root on your Xperia E1, it is time to install the custom recovery so that you can perform all those hacks. Turn on USB debugging on your phone and download bootstrap alpha and extract it to your computer. Connect your phone to the computer and run the install.bat file. Wait for 20 seconds and you will see that your phone reboots.
Wait until you see blue LED. When you see it, press the volume down button three times to get into custom recovery.