XDA developers have finally released TWRP and CWM recovery for the Samsung Galaxy Alpha smartphone. Before proceeding with installation of TWRP or clock work mod recovery, make sure to backup your data and make sure you have a backup of a firmware.
Here are the installation instructions for downloading TWRP or CWM recovery
STEP 1 :
-Download and setup ADB drivers for your device can be found here Drivers !
STEP 2 :
-Download the recovery from —>
-Download odin 3 Link
-Turn of your device and go to odin mode [ Vol down + power + home button (all at the same time) ] release it when you see Galaxy Alpha logo
-Press vol up to confirm
STEP 3 :
-Now that you are in odin mode connect your device via usb cable !
-Now open Odin3 3.09 that you have downloaded.
-If there is a pop-up like Installing ADB drivers let it get finished it is usually updates !!!!
-Make sure the COM : xx (xx is USB port number it can be any number so don’t worry about it,just verify COM is lit up)
-Select the recovery (Link in STEP 2) ! Now select AP and browse to where you have .tar file and select it. Make sure you un-tick the auto-reboot button.
– Click Start. Once it says pass, remove the battery and then re-insert the battery and boot into recovery using volume up + home + power button.
How to root the Samsung Galaxy Alpha
– Download SuperSu (obviously the latest one) from here ——> Click here
– Copy that to internal sd card
– Power off your device and press vol up + power + home button (all at once)
– Select install zip from sdcard —>choose zip from sdcard —> scroll down and flash UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.xx.zip